Mahama’s assertion that uncompleted projects have been abandoned is false.
• The 160-bed capacity Wa Regional Hospital and the 100-bed capacity Ga-East Municipal Hospital at Kwabenya which started under Prez Kufuor was commissioned for use in November 2019.
• Major Rehabilitation and upgrade of Tamale Teaching Hospital which started in July 2015 has been completed and handed over for use in February 2019.
• Completion and Equiping of the 579-bed capacity University Of Ghana Medical Center in October 2020.
• The construction of 10 Disease Centers(Polyclinics) at Dawurampong, Biriwa, Estii Sunkwa, Binpong Egya, Gyamera Mankrong, Akonfude, Ekumfi, Naakwa and Gomoa Potsin which started in January 2016 was completed and commission for use by the NPP government in August 2018.
• Euroget Hospital projects conceived under the NPP in 2008 which sod was cut in 2012 and 2015 at Nsawkaw, Twifo-Praso and Tepa all completed and commissioned for use as at November 2020 with that of Sewuah Regional Hospital, Afari(Military Hospital), Salaga, Konongo and Odumase ongoing and expected to be completed, commissioned for use soon.
• The Nationalwide TB Case Detection Programme which started in July 2015 was completed in August 2018 by the NPP government. Installation of all equipments had been done as at August 2018.
• The construction and completion of offices and Ministry Of Health Headquarters at Ridge closer to the NHIS Headquarters in 2020.
• The Expansion of Radiotherapy Medical Services at Korle Bu and Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospitals.
• The construction of 8 District Hospital and Integrated IT Systems in Ghana which are located in Wa, Fomena, Kumawu, Abetifi, Garu Tempani, Sekondi, and Takoradi were abandoned in July, 2016. Only the Dodowa project was completed by the NDC. Value for money audit was conducted and revealed over expenditure hence recommendations were made to the Attorney General to see to the termination of these contracts.
Source :Kessbenonline.com /email@example.com