- Fighting has resumed in Gaza after the seven-day temporary ceasefire between Israel and Hamas expired.
- Our reporter in southern Israel says rockets have been seen being fired to and from Gaza this morning.
- Both sides have blamed each other for the violence restarting, and the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says dozens of people have been killed since the bombardment began.
- During the temporary ceasefire, more than 100 Israeli hostages were released in exchange for 240 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.
- Hamas attacks on Israel on 7 October killed 1,200 people with around 240 others taken hostage.
- Since then, Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry says more than 14,800 people have been killed in Israel’s retaliatory campaign, including about 6,000 children.